02 February 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Not Anymore!

     I've previously posted this photo on Wordless Wednesday, which was fitting because I didn't know who the men in the photo were. I was 99.9% certain that they were the sons of William Barfield and S Frances Boatright, but I had no idea which man was which. Here's the photo:


barfield men

     But now their identities have been revealed! Yesterday I was contacted by a distant cousin who is the daughter of one of the Barfield men in the photo. That makes her my 1st cousin, twice removed.  But it also turns out that she's related to me through my Evans family line, which also makes her my 2nd cousin, once removed. I had to sketch out the family tree to understand the connection.


     I think it's pretty neat that we're connected in two different ways.  She's going to mail me some additional information. I'm especially interested in what she knows about the John Evans and Leila Craft family, which is a different branch of the Craft family from my direct paternal line (though they do both go back to my 5x Great Grandfather, John Craft). Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's really cool! I think it is so great that you can randomly meet people we're related to like that.

Susan Clark said...

How wonderful! The benefits of blogging....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails