02 March 2011

Albea DNA

     Thanks to a recent FamilyTreeDNA.com sale, I was able to purchase a 36 marker Y-DNA test for my Uncle Roy. I've wanted to do this for a while so that I could trace my mother's side of the family. It's been difficult to trace the Albea family and I wonder if DNA might help.

     When I purchased the DNA test I also searched for a Surname Project to join. Not surprisingly, there was no group for the Albea name (or Alby, as the oldest known ancestor spelled it). So, I started one!

     If there is anyone else with the Albea (Alby, Albey, Albee, Allbee, Aulby, etc) surname who would like to join, please do! If you are a female, you will need to have a male Albea relative take the test, as I've done with my Uncle.  Please visit the the group order form page to purchase a test: http://www.familytreedna.com/group-join.aspx?Group=Albea or join the group if you've already been tested.  If you order a test through the group, you will receive a discount (I strongly suggest order a test larger than the 12 marker test, which provides very minimal results).


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails