06 November 2011

Census Sunday - The Grandparents in 1930

     I really like the Census Sunday theme over at Leah's Family Tree, in which she shows her grandparents, great-grandparents, etc, organized by census year.  This is a great way to see what records she's found and which ones she's missing. I decided to follower her example, starting with my grandparents in the 1930 census.

Three of my Grandparents were alive in 1930. The fourth, my maternal grandmother, Betty Huyler, would be born in 1931.


     My maternal grandfather, Roy Vernon Albea, was a four year old boy in 1930. He was living with his parents and sister in a rented home on Merriman Street in Greenwood, Greenwood, South Carolina.  He was not yet old enough to attend school and did not read or write.











     My paternal grandmother, Sarah Frances Britt, was a four year old girl living with her parents and two siblings in 1930. They lived in a rented home in the 1560th District of Emanuel County, Georgia. The census does indicate that she did attend school but could not read or write.










     My paternal grandfather, Thomas S Craft, was a ten year old boy living with her parents and three siblings in 1930. They lived in a rented home in the 199th Gaines District of Elbert County, Georgia.  He was attending school and could read and write.









No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails