04 November 2011

One Week Away: Georgia Family History Expo 2011

     We're only one week away from this year's Georgia Family History Expo. Can I just say, I think the hours are much better this year? I'm not a morning person, so having the first day start at 1pm is great! Also there's a great list of classes to chose from. Most of the classes are different from last year, so there's a lot to choose from.

     I'm going to play each day by ear instead of over planning. During many hours there are multiple classes that look interesting. I'm not going to pick now, but will decide day of. However, there are a few classes that I am planning to attend: 
  • Georgia Land Records by Arlene Eakle at 6:30 pm on Friday 
  • Bringing the past to life using video biography by Susan Kiernan-Lewis at 7:50 pm on Friday 
  • The Campaigns Forgotten: American Wars after the American Revolution and before the Civil War Records in NARA by Robert S Davis at 11:20 am on Saturday
  • How to Create Awesome Interactive Family History Tours With Google Earth by Lisa Louise Cook at 2:30pm on Saturday
     For those planning to attend, I recommend attending classes by Tamra Stansfield on Germany genealogy and Biff and Nancy Barnes on writing family history books. 

     Other bloggers will be there as well. I'm looking forward to seeing them and reading their posts as well. They include:
     I know there are more bloggers attending, so leave a comment and I'll add you to the list!

7 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

I'm looking forward to being there! I had a great time last year, even ran into a few friends.

*GeorgiaTim said...

I'm so jealous! But another trip to Georgia just isn't in the budget. I just got caught up again on Lisa Louise Cook's "Genealogy Gems" podcast. I know you'll enjoy her presentation. She's a great speaker. Have fun!
*GeorgiaTim

Mavis said...

Wish I could be there this year but just couldn't make it work out. Have fun and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts especially the one on land records.

Linda McCauley said...

Looking forward to Expo and visiting with everyone. See you next weekend.

Denielle Radcliff Koch said...

I've been looking forward to the Expo since I got home last year. It took forever to narrow my selections down to one class per time, but to be on the safe side, I'm printing out copies of the syllabus for the other classes I had my eye on just in case I change my mind.

Biff Barnes said...

Valerie,
Thanks for recommending our classes on creating family history books. I hope we get a chance to see you at the Expo. We're looking forward to us.
Biff Barnes

Amy Coffin, MLIS said...

I was going to ask if your mom was going, but I see that question was answered in the comments. :)

Sorry I won't be there, but I know you'll cover the event well for those of us at home. Have fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails