15 November 2013

Can You Draw the US?

     First, if you haven't seen it yet, check out this post over at BuzzFeed where people attempt to draw the United States from memory.  It's pretty funny.  No seriously, check it out 'cause it'll make my attempt look a little better.

     I decided to give it a try and this is what I came up with:

     So I started with what I know: the South East.  However, when I started to draw North Carolina, it turned into Virginia and NC got left out.  That's really the only thing that I'm confused about why I got it wrong.  From there, I moved west, where I ran out of paper.  Then did the North East and Mid-West separately, but wasn't quite able to connect them to the rest of the country (which lead to a couple of "states" named "oops."  I completely forgot Wyoming, Nebraska and Wisconsin.  I couldn't figure out where Indiana went and I knew I was putting Iowa in the wrong place, but couldn't figure out where it actually went.  I got some other stuff in the wrong places, but in their general vicinity. Honestly though, I'm kinda happy with how well I did and that I didn't cheat!

     So my challenge to you is to try this on your own.  How well can you do?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Valerie, I'm so glad you posted your map. I think I know where all my missing ancestors are ... they moved to the state of "oops" and were never heard from again.

Seriously though ... your attempt is WAY better than anything I could do. First, I cannot draw. Second, the NE and the square-ish states in the middle always confuse me. And for some reason, I always reverse New Mexico and Arizona.

You should be proud of your attempt. Me? I'm glad I can buy printed maps. It's the only option I have.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails